44 Supporters

The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Review for Carnal Secrets

Carnal Secrets  - Suzanne  Wright

Carnal Secrets is the third book in the Phoenix Pack series and it is about Nick and Shaya. Nick and Shaya have known they are mates for awhile, but Nick has some concerns that prevents him from claiming her. Shaya is hurt and decides she needs to move on with her life so she leaves her pack. Nick could barely handle not claiming her but for her to disappear is to much so he steps down as alpha and searches for her. Six months later he finds her but Shaya is determined not to have him but Nick is willing to do the work and wait. Meanwhile there is trouble in Arizona between the humans and the shifters and somehow Nick finds himself in the middle of it.

What I hate about PNR is when there are issues that can be solved with good old communication. This book has plenty of communication issues which kind of drove me up a wall at times. Shaya comes off differently than she has in past books before she was fun loving and kind. I suppose she was supposed to be bitchy because she was emotionally hurt? I did not understand why she did not confront Nick before she left? Instead she pouted and when he found her she was still pouting – what was weird is that she was so busy being hurt she never took the time to learn anything about him. This was odd and made her disappointment and not being claimed confusing. Then once he is there and showing his commitment she still chooses not to talk to him but to pout even when she senses there is a problem instead she dates another guy like two months after he has been there, that felt childish. I did like Nick and he is a unique alpha which made him quite interesting but at times he was just not bright there were many things he should have put together. The cognitive functioning issue that was a little over the top.

Once the couple finally gets it together which is about 50% of the way in the book gets better. There were some cute moments like a day in the life kind of thing. Generally speaking though a lot of it felt like déjà vu pack in danger – check, battle scene  check, everything turns out ok – check in other words it was a bit of a letdown. The secondary characters are most interesting to me. I like that Derren and I hope he ends up with Roni and I wonder what exactly is going on with Marcus?

This one is clearly not a favorite in the series but come on it is Suzanne Wright so it is still quite enjoyable.