44 Supporters

The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Review for Stygian's Honor

Stygian's Honor - Lora Leigh

Stygian’s Honor is the 27th book in the Breed series by Lora Leigh. This time our lovely couple is Stygian and Liza. The story literally picks up at the end of Lawe’s Justice in Window Rock AZ where the Breeds are still searching for Honor, Judd, Gideon and Fawn in hopes of finding a cure for Amber (Jonas and Rachel’s daughter). If you have read a Breed book then you know what happens next, Breed meets his mate, she of course is oblivious, he pursues her, she gets mad for fear she will be caught and thus loose all independence, they have passionate sex where the hormone teaches them both they will be together or die.

For a change I liked both the hero and the heroine. They actually seemed to have some semblance of balance, Stygian defends his mate to Jonas which was nice and he actually learns about what he should have done with Liza. Liza does have some major issues so when she flips out it kind of makes sense but she frequently comes to reason rather quickly and she talks to Stygian which was also quite nice. I thought Stygian was not the typical alpha hero and it did not take away from him at all, I liked how he had no problem giving Liza what she needed and it was rather romantic.

Did I mention I think Stygian was rather yummy? I think this guy fits the bill **grins**

The overall plot is getting a lot irritating. I think I am sick of Jonas and Amber, I get it you want to save your kid but must you try and destroy everyone in the process and hope it works out? Of course Jonas also comes across as all knowing which is equally annoying. I missed Gideon in this one he was rather entertaining in Lawe’s Justice but at least I have Dog – who I think is Cassie’s mate. It was also nice to see Loki so I am hoping we have some coyote books in the near future. Anyway the plot line barely moves in this story and the end as usual felt like I was missing a chapter or two, but I am beginning to suspect this is just a Breed book thing.

I like to think the books are getting better so on to Rule Breaker and here is to hoping we can get out of Navajo Nation!