44 Supporters

The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Review for The Empress' New Clothes

The Empress' New Clothes (Trek Mi Q'an Series #1) - Jaid Black

Zor Q'an Tal, warrior, High King of Tryston, Emperor of Trek Mi Q'an, and Guardian of the Sacred Sands,  has been told it is time to find his Scared Mate in the first dimension, Earth. Zor is rather impatient and leaves on his search right away. Meanwhile here in the first dimension Kyra Sommers and her best friend are on retreat at the Peaceful Hearts Meditation Center. Then as they are packing up to leave Zor appears knows Kyra is his mate and well kidnaps her. Now Zor must figure out how to adapt to having a sacred mate and Kyra has to adapt to the customs of her new world.

When I read erotic romance I tend to go in with low expectations normally there is to much sex and not enough plot or sometimes it is just a weak story and weak sex. This book was totally refreshing because the world building was well done, the characters were well done, sexual encounters did not feel like filler instead it was part of the plot. The book is also funny which was completely expected and honestly I think it kept the story line light as Kyra moves from outrage to curiosity to acceptance to love.

I have to thank Lendable for yet another fantastic read.