44 Supporters

The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Review for No Mercy

No Mercy (Trek Mi Q'an, #2) - Jaid Black

No Mercy by Jaid Black is the second book in the Trek Mi Q’an series. This book features Rem the youngest brother who was  bound to a woman who was not for him, unfortunately the years he spent in the loveless marriage and seeking out his true sacred mate have left him scared and on his way to becoming more beast than man. In a last ditch effort Rem travels on to Earth and finds his scared mate Giselle. Giselle is not the typical woman she is a thirty-five year old spinster who is also a virgin. Rem thinks she is perfect and is tickled to death that his mate is covered in ‘spots’. Meanwhile Giselle is on a roller coaster on the one hand she can sense his bouts of near madness but on the other she just needs a minute to herself to understand this new world.

The sequal to The Empress New Clothes was solid but not as great as the first. I liked seeing other dimensions and Giselle’s reactions where very funny. While I enjoyed this book there were a few things that were lacking. I could not quite figure out how Rem and Giselle grew from lust to love and in part I think this was challenging for me because women are really playing such a subservient role. While Rem is different than he was in the first book while that should be expected because he is devolving I thought he would have been more understanding and accommodating to Giselle instead he just needed to suckle her breasts every five minutes. This book also checks in on the characters from the first book which was nice but a little distracting and I think several scenes took away from the romance between our hero and heroine.

All in all a solid read, I still enjoyed it just not quite as much.