44 Supporters

The Chief

Dawn's favorite books ยป

Review for Avenger's Heat

Avenger's Heat - Katie Reus

Avenger’s Heat by Katie Reus is the fourth book in the Moon Shifter series. This book is about Erin and Noah. Erin has been training to become an Enforcer and Jace has decided it is time for her to go on her first mission to New Orleans where pregnant shifters are going missing. However Erin is not going alone, she is taking Noah with her.  This mission will not be easy, Noah has to confront his family and his past, Erin has to confront her past, they both have to figure out their relationship and in the middle of it all they need to get to the bottom of what has been happening to the pregnant shifters.

This story builds on the previous stories so it should really be read in order. I did enjoy watching the relationship between Erin and Noah fall into place. Even though the story takes place away from the pack there I did not really miss them. The story felt just as complete, there was some pretty good suspense, action and of course romance.

What drove me crazy about this book was the writing, not like plot or character development but just some of the mechanics. Like she is New Orleans for a day and already she is talking about good progress…Huh?? Or there are statements like “back then it would have been different” but back then was a year ago what was so different about the enforcer rules then?

Still the book was enjoyable but I did a lot of eye rolling and for that it made the book ok and not great.